Friday, November 26, 2010

HELENE (CROFT) GIRARD- CANADIAN ARTIST EXTRAORDINAIRE


ocean sculpture- helene g. croft

Tonight I was looking at an art card that was given to me when I lived in the Northwest Territories.  It is called "Ocean Sculpture" by Helene G. Croft. As you can see, it is a stunning piece of art.  Helene gave me a box of the art cards one year for Christmas. I have given a few of the cards away but always keep one on my mantle.

I will often go on to her website just to look at her breath taking work.  I could sit for hours exploring through her paintings so vibrant and rich in colour. They make me homesick for the North!   You can feel the beauty, the strength, the isolation come through in her paintings. And yes, the colours you see in her paintings are true to the colours of the North.  Helene has skillfully captured our True North Strong and Free.  Her work will give you a taste of Canada you have never yet seen unless you have been North of 60.

Her works are mainly in acrylics and watercolours.  You will find nature and aviation are her favourite subjects. Birchwood Gallery in Yellowknife, NWT carries her work.  She is now residing in Gatineau, Quebec.  

Need a unique gift for someone special?  Check out her website at http://www.arthelenegirard.com/gallerygalerie.html

Feeling like you need a break?  A pick-me up? Some beauty to make your heart warm? Go to Helene's website, click on an image and you too could spend a few hours immersed in a slide show of her extraordinary Canadian Art.  I promise you will be overwhelmed with joy!

It appears she is still doing commission work and teaching violin.  I wish her all the success, abundance and joy!

I will own one of her paintings...the trouble is I will have a very tough time choosing just one.

Love and All Good Things,

The Peaceful Matriarch




















No comments:

Post a Comment